And I want us all to embrace a mindset of abundance, spiritually and financially. One way we can do that is educated ourselves on the powers of Lakshmi also spelled Laxmi. The word “Lak” means 100,000 in its literal sense. It represents infinity because Lakshmi is the Mother of all giving and receiving. She is the goddess of Fortune.
Other cool things to know about Lakshmi:
1. She was married to the Sun god to whom Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar) are practiced to honor.
2. She is said to protect us from sadness.
3. Another of her names is Sri which means beautiful
4. Yet another of her names is Kamakhya (root word from Kama Sutra). She represents pleasure too.
5. She has 4 arms (sometimes just 2) and these represent the four aims of Life: pleasure (kama), social responsibility (dharma), vocation (artha) and ultimate liberation (moksha).
Invoking Lakshmi elevates our spirits and helps us to expand instead of contract. Try it and see. Love yourself, love your day, love your life! Silvia
Lens: 2016 Northwest Yoga Conference by http://tonyfphotography.com