Yoga has serioius benefits but we don’t have to take ourselves so seriously.
Develop Your Happy Muscles:
1. Grow your sense of humor while on the mat.
2. Laugh more at yourself and at the situation of the poses. It really is funny!
Laughter is good for your health
- Laughing can reduce stress, boost our mood, improve our immune system and relieve pain
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies thus improving your resistance to disease.
In particular you can see the benefits of laughter impact us physically, mentally and socially.
Attracts others to us
Helps defuse conflict
Promotes group bonding
Lowers stress hormones
Relaxes your muscles
Prevents heart disease
Adds joy and zest to life
Eases anxiety and fear
Use your yoga to gain all of these benefits as you practice falling in and out of poses, enjoying the process. Love yourself, love your day, love your life! Silvia