Here’s my Liberation Freedom playlist from Fourth of July Soul Flow at The Body Electric Yoga Company in #stpetersburgflorida #sunshinecity
Inspired by Yoga Sutra Chapter 2.27 Liberation is recognized in seven ways, it occurs in 7 stages. As a result our constant companions are joy, faith and clarity.
I gave the example that sometimes transcendence, self actualization occurs gradually like watching the colors of the sunrise or sunset change. While other times enlightenment is an instantaneous experience after the time you’ve invested in preparation aligns in your divine support. (Read more below)
Rise, Jason Mraz
Om Asatoma, Deva Premal and Miten
Love’ll Set Me Free, Michael Franti
Good Vibrations, Brian Wilson
China Cat/Sunflower, Grateful Dead
Rocky Mountain High, John Denver
Glory Days, Bruce Springsteen
Good Times, Chic
Feelin’ Alright, Joe Cocker
Om Mani Padme Hum, Marti Nikko and DJ Drez
Helplessly Hoping, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
Simple Gifts, Jewel
Shanti Om, Radha and Govind Das
Shanti (Peace Out), MC Yogi
(More about Liberation according to the Yoga Sutras) According to Vyasa a scholar from the 7th or 8th century CE:
- the first step is noticing the suffering than can be avoided.
- The second step is identifying the causes of suffering in order to remove them.
- Third, those distractions are lessened through establishing inner peace.
- In the fourth step, an internal climate of clarity and discernment takes hold.
- As a result, in the fifth step, everything that can be experienced is seen as a pathway to liberation from the restrictions and limitations closing the heart and the mind.
- Then, in the sixth step, the desire to manipulate the forces of nature ceases.
- Finally, in the seventh step, the practitioner embodies an effortless harmony between life and awareness. We are liberated.