My 11 year old Alchemy of Yoga RYT200 Teacher Training Program is recognized by Yoga Alliance as a Registered 200-Hour Yoga School and offers you a unique opportunity to make a deep commitment to learning more about yourSELF. This is a safe haven: a nurturing place to engage in open minded self-exploration. I am devoted to offering you an atmosphere in which freedom of expression, fun, creativity and passion for life are totally encouraged! This program covers the foundations of the 8 limbed path of Yoga and believes in yoga as a life-long truthful celebration of ourselves and our world.
WHY THIS PROGRAM CHANGES YOUR LIFE:
Something magical and mystical happens when a group of high-intentioned individuals make the decision to gather together for 200 hours with the purpose of uplifting their lives & expanding their consciousness into radical authenticity. The result is something beyond words. It is, as best as I can explain it, the Alchemy of Yoga at its best. Chapter 2 verse 1 of the Yoga Sutras sets forth how the Alchemy of Yoga actually works. “Tapas svadhyaya ishvara pranidhana kriya yoga,” translated to mean that yoga helps us transform our happiness on three levels:
1. Physical Alchemy – Tapas: Ignites the changes we want to make in our lives. It is about the getting fired up and passionate. Literally, it means heating the body through moving and breathing in the vinyasa to harness the power of transformation. Tapas asks of us the commitment to show up and stay the course, especially in the face of challenge.
- EARTH: Foundation – Manifestation, Rooting into Self
- WATER: Creation – Tapping into Your Potential, Living in Possibility
- FIRE: Ignition – Tapas, Discovering Your Optimal Performance
2. Mental Alchemy – Svadhyaya: While we are following the discipline of tapas and engaging in physical practice to help move our stuck energy, we are watching ourselves. In yoga, we study the self to learn about the self. Here the mental alchemy is through self-observation. We witness what is going on in our thoughts. We tune in to our intuition to enhance clarity and harmony between what we think, say and do. We remember to remember who we really are. Through this, our ego softens from being I centered to seeing our interconnectedness to all things, people, nature, energies. We humbly realize our nature of union in this interweb.
- AIR: Edification – Svadhaya, Unlearning the Obstacles to Your Happiness
3. Spiritual Alchemy – Ishvara Pranidhana: As we are doing and watching, we let go of the ego of judgment. We move beyond wanting life to be different and begin to feel the surrender that allows what is being offered to mix together. We practice ishvara pranidhana as we trust the universal intelligence that hugs us from all directions to know what it’s doing. And once we find this trust, we begin to believe that beauty and goodness are constantly flowing within us. There is no reason to stop this flow, for its natural current is to align with the current of grace that is everywhere outside of us. Beauty becomes our way of life. Happiness becomes our natural alchemy once again.
- ETHER: Liberation – Ishvara Pranidhana, Transformation into the Infinite
When you join together in a Teacher Training Tribe (aka Alchemy of Yoga), we are all the Alchemist in his/her laboratory mixing ingredients. As alchemist yogis, our laboratory is our mat and the ingredients are our bodies, our poses, our breath, our thoughts. Mixing it all together creates a different result every time and changes your life! You wake up to the power you have to go into the laboratory of your life experience and mix the potions you want to create your best life going forward!!
We believe that the Alchemy of Yoga Teacher Training Program sparks the fire of transformation in everyone. Namaskaram!
OPTIONS FOR SELF-STUDY
Allowing room for your individual growth, Alchemy of Yoga offers two paths of study:
- Option 1 includes immersion for serious students looking to deepen their practice and knowledge of yoga asana, meditation, philosophy, and spirit who do not wish to pursue teaching yoga.
- Option 2 includes above aspects of self-study culminating in formal certification through Yoga Alliance with 200-Hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) status.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Yoga is about wholeness, health, and vital living. It is about a life inspired in body, mind, and spirit. Through movement, meditation, discussion, and journaling, we will explore the vast resources related to How to Live an INSPIRED Life by focusing on the last three niyamas (personal practices) that comprise the Alchemy of Yoga. These are necessary for bringing about real, lasting change and cultivating inner happiness and spiritual bliss.
Experience the alchemy of the five elements, the four directions, and the chakra system as an inner and outer map of transformation. These are archetypal and energetic maps that are as metaphorical as they are very real and embodied. Everything we see, taste, touch, feel, and do can be interpreted through the gateway of the elements, directions, and chakras.
We will learn how to tap into these sacred relationships and align ourselves with their alchemy in order to gain insight into healing our psyche, emotions, and well-being.
The first wave of teacher training focuses on Grounding by Establishing a Foundation and Rooting into Self as we honor the Earth element, the first chakra, and the wisdom of the East. Along this path, we explore the Living Your Yoga with honor through an ethical code + ecological integrity, The Hero/Heroine’s Path, The Power of Manifestation, Freedom from Fear/Shadow Work, and Living an Inspired Life through the Alchemy of Yoga.
The second wave of teacher training focuses on Creation by discovering the keys to Tapping into Your Potential and Living in Possibility as we honor the Water element, the second chakra, and the wisdom of the West. Along this path, we unearth our Intention & Dharma as we explore Body Love, Spiritual Happiness, and the Svadhaya of Possibility, The Five Koshas, Energetic Anatomy, The Psychology of Yoga, and the Chakra System.
The third wave of teacher training focuses on Ignition by alighting the physical practice through Tapas and Discovering Your Optimal Performance as we honor the Fire element, the third chakra, and the wisdom of the South. Along this path, we deepen our exploration of Bandhas, Somatics, The Neuroscience of Yoga, Sun Salutations, Dancing Warriors, Moon Salutations, Mandala Namaskars, Anatomy & Physiology, Fundamental Asanas, Teaching Fundamentals, Stress Response + Relaxation 101, Restorative Poses, Yoga Therapeutics, and Gentle Yoga.
The fourth wave of teacher training focuses on Edification by delving into Svadhaya and Unlearning the Obstacles to Your Happiness as we honor the Air element, the fourth chakra, and the wisdom of the North. Along this path, we remember our innermost essence and see the interconnectedness to all things, people, nature, and energies. Through this union, we explore Yoga History + Lineages, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Yamas & Niyamas, Alchemy of Balance + Happiness, Breathing (Pranayama), Meditation (Dhyana), Ayurveda, Dinacharya, Doshas + Guidelines for Balancing the Doshas, Nourishing the Physical Body + Ayurvedic Diet, and Strategies to Balance the Doshas.
The fifth wave of teacher training focuses on Liberation by aligning ourselves with the natural current of universal intelligence. Through the practice of Ishvara Pranidhana, we are Transformed into the Infinite as we honor the Ether/Space element, the fifth, sixth, and seventh chakras, and the combined wisdom of all four directions. Along this path, we explore our new-found alchemy through learning Teaching as Art, Skill, & Service, The Psychologically Healthy Teacher, Staying Inspired as a Teacher, Teacher Mission Statement, Teaching to the Heart of the Student, Creating a Safe & Sacred Space, Assessment of Class Energy, Mood, Style, The Essence of Great Teaching, Teacher & Student Relationship, Honoring the Sacred Seat of the Teacher, Ethical Relationships & Boundaries, Alchemy of Communication, Learning Sanskrit, Languaging, Class Theme Preparation, How to Theme in a Psychologically Healthy Way, How to Guide Students to Their Own Experience, The Art of Sequencing Vinyasa Flow, Wave Theory & Choreography, and The Business of Yoga & Sustainability.
Upon completion, Alchemy of Yoga understands that a 200-Hour Teacher Training Program is both a deep-dive into yoga + self-study AND simultaneously just the beginning. We are thrilled to offer ongoing resources and mentorship, including but not limited to: planning a yoga career + business, how to best market yourself while maintaining strong ethical standards and life balance, and how to resolve ethical issues that arise from teaching yoga.